What's More Unbelievable?

Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Good iTunes Night

My friend Dustin recently watched "Tropic Thunder" and aside from thinking it was the best movie of 2008 so far, he told me that Tom Cruise's performance in the film completely redeems him after years of being a depressing punchline. That's what this Random Rules on The AV Club does for Lou Barlow. After years of tepid albums, bad haircuts and questionable cross country moves, he's back on top in my esteem. He's such a voracious record geek with a refreshingly endearing hyper, teenage love of music that I can't help but fall back in love with him. There's so many gems in this interview but I think this is my favorite:

"a well-recorded saxophone is just a fucking nightmare."

Amen, brother. Nice to see him still flying the lo-fi flag after all these years. I think it's time to dig out The Freed Weed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let the record show that Tropic Thunder is more "the funniest" movie of the year, as The Dark Knight is kind of on its own shelf. Also, upon second viewing of TT, it is becoming harder to tell if Pineapple Express isn't on par if not slightly above. My initial reasoning on this was the performances Cruise, McConaughey, Alpa Chino, and of course RD Jr. At this point i'd say these performances no less than equalled by the dialogue in PE. Suffice to say, I'm having trouble sleeping these days.