What's More Unbelievable?

Friday, October 10, 2008

I Challenge The Mighty Titan And His Troubadours

Gamera you forgot to mention Queen first top ten hit from Queen II, namely "The Seven Seas of Rhye." Did it make your best of? Here's a taste for those reading.




The video also illuminates a feather in Queen's hat; they may have ridiculous songs, but they (or at least just Freddy Mercury) know how to perform them. Fledgling bands with stage-frightened lead singers who aren't sure what to do with their arms need only reference that video around the 2:28 mark to know that anything, literally, anything is fair game.

1 comment:

Crispin H. Glover said...

It did not make my best of but it's a fine song nonetheless. You are correct, they can perform this sort of silliness and make it work, infusing it somehow with muscle and sincerity. My earlier dismissal of their back catalog is slowly melting as I overanalyze the band. My admiration grows stronger by the day and I think I'm falling in love with Freddie Mercury.