What's More Unbelievable?

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What a Bunch of Swell Guys

I thought it might be helpful to explain the somewhat odd last option on this week's poll. It's from a Fugazi show at Fort Reno where they stopped to admonish some overly testosterone fueled meatheads in the middle of their set. It's one thing to yell at your audience to calm down and it's quite another to call them out for eating ice cream earlier in the day. "You eat ice cream, everybody knows it." I'm pretty sure this clip is from a show that Listmaker and I attended. We found it hilarious then and I still love it today. Here's the (unsafe for work) audio of the scene from the wonderful documentary "Instrument" with stills from said film. I miss Fugazi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy crap I was at that show too!
there were jugglers over by that castle, and it was a great great show...I've seen the ice cream ref come up a bunch of times...my pal SeanF and I actually wrote a song about the incident...something like

we tackled and tickled you Ian...
something something something
well we happened to like our ice cream
so we
something something

I miss Ft Reno shows...