What's More Unbelievable?

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Get Out Your 20-Sided Hankies For This One

I don't know if you saw the headline but we lost one of the great ones today when Gary Gygax died. He was the co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons, hero to geeks everywhere and an inspiration to countless proggy musicians. Pitchblende even named their final album after him. For a perfect example of D&D put to music, listen to Rush's 12-minute epic, "The Necromancer." Since I can't find a video I like for that song, put on your chain mail and check out this madness from Fantasy-Rock masters DragonForce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, is that a Karl Hendricks Trio reference in the title? you made my night if so.

Crispin H. Glover said...

It is indeed a Karl Hendricks Trio. I'm feeling nostalgic lately for the forgotten bands of the early 90s. Who's up for a Bicycle Face reunion?