What's More Unbelievable?

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mighty Funny

As I've mentioned before, I read Magnet magazine and sometimes wonder why as its articles sometimes seem barely more than thinly veiled advertisements for tiny bands you've never heard of and, once you close the latest issue, you'll never hear of again. The cd is barely tolerable and always makes for a painful hour+ of listening. One of Magnet's saving graces is Andrew Earles who writes the ferociously catty "Where's the Street Team?" column in which he attacks the sacred cows of the indie world. Sometimes I wholeheartedly agree with him and other times he besmirches bands dear to my soul but it's always hilariously cruel and at times wonderfully specific about topics interesting to tiny pockets of people. The Nov. 2008 issue featured what has to be my favorite nerdy music joke since my guitar teacher asked me, "What do you call a drummer who breaks up with his girlfriend? Homeless." Here it is:

Q: How many members of Against Me! does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Against Me! isn’t going to change shit.


Perfection.

No comments: