What's More Unbelievable?

Saturday, February 21, 2009

This One's For You, Flapdoodle

It's always fun to find a new blog to read and in my case, since I only read blogs written by friends and family, it's fun to find a new friend. Flapdoodle is someone who we'd see occasionally around town over the years and recently have gotten to know better thanks mostly to the public school system since she is Sebastian's school librarian. She is also a regular listener to Battle for the Earth (bless her heart) and introduced me to the wonder of the Mont Blanc for which I will always be grateful.

She recently posted a comment on Hott Mama's blog wherein she mentioned a moldy oldie about a girl so busy she has to wait until the weekend to see her man. How busy is she? Well, Thursday is all booked up with a taffy pull if that gives you any indication. In the comment, Flapdoodle asked if I could track down the song, which I instantly did because I'm obsessive, and while I don't think it's a hidden gem by any standards, it is fun and cheesy and reminds me of one of my favorite MST3K shorts, so it gets bonus points for that. Here it is:


Come By Sunday - Diana Dors

And here the MST3K short for those with extra time to kill:

1 comment:

Flapdoodle said...

What a revelation to hear this song for only the second time. The first time I heard it, I interpreted her crazy schedule to that bizarre mid-century female affection to appear oh so busy so as to not SCARE AWAY the man she so desperately
longs to sort tube socks for or whatever.

But she admitted that the second her life slows downs--Sundays after three--she gets depressed. And those kind of gals never admit to that kind of thing.

So! Thanks for the musical archive sleuthing--would love to know how you found it b/c I have tried a few times.

We will have to catch up on The Battle for the Earth archives as well as we have just arrived back from FL.

Finally, good call on MST 3K, it's a perfect match. How I still love that show!